PlayBoard, is Northern Ireland’s leading representative body for Play. As a membership affiliated organisation we offer a wide range of advice, information and practice development services to a diverse membership body.
Why Become A Member?
Are you passionate about children and childhood? If your answer is yes, then by becoming a member of PlayBoard you will be taking direct action to promote and protect a key aspect of childhood the child’s right to play. As PlayBoard seeks to bring about positive change for play across Northern Ireland you will be standing shoulder to shoulder with us adding your voice to our advocacy, lobbying and campaigning activity. There is great strength in a strong coherent collective voice promoting and upholding the Child’s Right to Play.
‘Advocacy is the pursuit of influencing outcomes — including public-policy and resource allocation decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions — that directly affect people’s current lives’. (Cohen, 2001)
Role Of Members
As a member you play a vital role ensuring we remain relevant and fit for purpose. From our Governance arrangements and strategic direction through to our engagements and service delivery systems we listen intently to what our members have to say. Underpinned by a strong value base we work hard to maintain our members trust and support.
Our membership provides us with a direct conduit to children’s issues and what they the players themselves perceive to be the salient issues which need addressed.
Who should join?
• Anyone who works with or on behalf of children and young people
• Anyone interested in promoting or learning more about the child’s right to play
• Parents, carer’s or guardians
We welcome all our Members, in particular we would welcome new members whom have a connection with local councils, schools, childcare or youth establishments i.e. able to provide a vital conduit for promoting the value of play whilst facilitating their organisation’s direct engagement with statutory structures.
Why not join FREE today and add your voice to our Membership body to help make Northern Ireland a more play friendly place to live and grow up in.
We welcome all our Members and in particular those in local councils and schools whom provide a vital conduit for promoting the value of play whilst facilitating the organisation’s direct engagement with statutory structures. Why not join us and add your voice to our Membership body to help make Northern Ireland a more play friendly place to live and grow up in.
In return for this commitment we undertake to:
* Lobby government on your behalf, alert you to key government consultations and see your input to the consultation responses we develop;
* Keep you informed of new development and research, funding opportunities and national and international development in the world of play through our regular E-play;
* Offer you free access to all PlayBoard cluster events and other information sessions;
* Provide discounted membership rates on PlayBoard’s Publications;
* Provide discounted membership rates for Conferences; and
* Provide discounted membership rates for PlayBoard Events.
Who Can Become A Member?
Put simply, anyone who is committed to the child’s right to play! PlayBoard’s current membership is drawn from across the voluntary, community, statutory, private and education sectors and even if you are an individual or an organisation we need your support in shaping the future for Play. For more information on Full Membership and Associate Membership click here.