PlayBoard is the leading agency for the promotion, development and delivery of play in Northern Ireland. This vibrant organisation is at the forefront of shaping the future of children and young people’s play opportunities and experiences.
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to the following questions, then a role on PlayBoard’s Board of Trustees may be your next strategic step.
- Are you interested in children and young people’s health, well-being and happiness?
- Are you motivated to help children and young people to develop and thrive?
- Are you interested in learning about how play, playing and playwork helps shape society?
- Have you experience in any or all of the following – leadership, strategic thinking and participating on influential groupings?
Piqued your interest? Apply now, you could be part of our strategic leadership team.
Become a Trustee with PlayBoard NI
The organisation is currently aiming to expand its Board of Trustees and is seeking to recruit people with specific skills and competencies from a broad range of backgrounds.
As an independent charity we are led by a voluntary Board, therefore we would particularly welcome individuals who could complement our existing Board Members. Individuals with experience of governance, HR/employment law, public sector service level agreements, procurement, media, marketing, minority ethnic issues, play delivery or development would be particularly welcome, as well as people with experience in related sectors, such as child psychology, social work, healthcare, childcare teaching or youth work.
We lead the play agenda in Northern Ireland, we have vision of a society where the right to play is both valued and realised for every child. To achieve this, we work with local, national and international partners and likeminded organisations. We lobby and campaign for policy that protects and promotes play and we encourage everyone who has an impact on the lives of children and young people to recognise the value of play and to plan for improved spaces and places for play and leisure.
PlayBoard Trustees are responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction to guide and direct the activities of PlayBoard.
- Ensuring the effective management of PlayBoard and its activities.
- Monitoring the activities of the organisation to ensure they are in keeping with the founding principles, objects and values.
- Attend regular meetings of the Board, online or in person.
- Represent PlayBoard at other functions and meetings according to their skills and interests.
- Be proactive in the work of any subgroups e.g. Finance and Personnel Committee.
The position of Trustee offers a rewarding experience and the opportunity to make an important contribution to the play sector both nationally and internationally making a difference to the lives of children and young people.
If you think you have the skills we are seeking and if you are interested in working for a cause that prioritises children and their lives, please complete the application pack.
- Our Board of Directors meets approximately six times a year, we can reimburse reasonable travel expense if necessary.
- Outside of our official meetings, trustees may be asked to engage in other time bound tasks to support the charity’s strategic objectives.
Go to https://www.communityni.org/job/become-playboard-trustee-0 to download:
- Board recruitment information pack
- Application form
Closing date: Friday 3 September 2021 at 4:00pm.
Enquiries: Jimmy Gillen, Director of Corporate Services & Finance – T: 028 9080 3380 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org