Job role: Senior appointments
Salary: NJC PO11/12 Points: 56-59 (£58,963 – £62,110)
Hours per week: 35
Closing date: Monday 14 March 2022 2:00pm
PlayBoard is the leading agency for the promotion, development and delivery of play in Northern Ireland. This vibrant organisation is at the forefront of shaping the future of children and young people’s play opportunities and experiences.
PlayBoard is an independent charity which works to improve the quality of children and young people’s lives through the provision of innovative services, all of which are designed to strengthen service delivery through information, support, training and tailored play provision.
PlayBoard has been committed to supporting children and young people’s right to play since its establishment in 1985. Over the last thirty-seven years, the organisation has grown and developed both its standing and remit. To achieve its vision the organisation works through a vast combination of:
- Service delivery and service development
- Campaigning and lobbying
- Research, evaluation and awareness raising
- Working in partnership with others to put play on the agenda of policy makers and resource providers, and
- Promoting best practice in Play and Playwork.
As a membership organisation, PlayBoard works closely with, and provides support to its member groups. Our membership are committed to helping us achieve our vision and mission, as collectively we all want to see improved play outcomes for all the children and young people’s lives in Northern Ireland.
PlayBoard now wishes to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to lead the Agency in achieving its strategic plan.
This is a highly challenging post and a superb opportunity for a motivated individual with the leadership, energy, intellect and commitment to drive excellence in children’s play. As Chief Executive, you will provide strong and inspirational leadership to develop and deliver our strategic vision; navigate us through a rapidly changing environment and lead our ambitious and exciting strategic plan.
The post holder, working with the Executive Committee, will lead PlayBoard whilst building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders and local decision makers, whilst representing and promoting PlayBoard in a professional and positive manner.
- Be educated to degree level and have a minimum of 3 years’ senior management experience within the last 10 years Or have a minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience within the last 10 years.
- Experience of commercial and financial acumen with demonstrable experience of managing sustainable corporate governance, financial stability and growth.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the public policy arena in relation to children and young people and how it can be influenced.
- Excellent leadership skills and an ability to manage, develop, motivate and inspire a team of at least 15 staff to achieve excellent results.
A full list of essential criteria can be found in the candidate’s pack.
As Chief Executive of PlayBoard, the successful candidate on taking up appointment will be required to lead the organisation with immediate effect and will therefore be expected to possess well-developed skills and in-depth knowledge and experience needed for this senior post.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms for this post is Monday 14 March 2022 at 2:00pm.
It is expected that interviews will take place on Thursday 31 March 2022.
Please note that due to Covid restrictions, completed application forms can only be received by email to email@example.com
PlayBoard strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
Click on the links below to download:
- Candidate information booklet
- Letter to applicant
- Guidance for completing application forms
- Application and monitoring form
For enquiries please contact Jimmy Gillen, Director of Corporate Services & Delivery, T: 028 9080 3380 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org