Tune in to Radio Ulster this Sunday to hear PlayBoard’s Appeal, sharing the work of our organisation and highlighting the importance of play.
You can listen to the Appeal on Radio Ulster on:
- Sunday 31 October at 9:55am
- Monday 1 November at 2:55pm
After the first broadcast you can also listen to the radio piece at www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/northernireland/appeals/radio/playboard where you will also find a video interview with our Chief Executive, Jacqueline O’Loughlin.
Our thanks to St Vincent de Paul Primary School, Belfast; teacher Catherine Forte; and Luca Kavanagh for taking part.
If you would like to find out more about PlayBoard’s work and the importance of play take a look around our website or click on the quick links below to access information and resources. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter and sign up for free membership to keep up-to-date with play related news and events.
- Play ideas and activities including suggestions for Halloween, autumn and getting outdoors.
- Play Matters resources including our Play for Parents Guide and information sheets on playing outdoors, playing in nature, and playing in all weathers.
- Publications including Fostering resilience through play and Supporting children with additional needs through play.
- Free webinars including our Seminar & AGM on 4 November focusing on on Covid-19 recovery and the importance of play, with an emphasis on the outdoors.
- OUR Generation project – offering a suite of training on positive mental health and emotional well-being for parents and practitioners, as well as a programme for children to support them to build resilience and positive mental health. The project is delivered in the Urban Village areas of Belfast and Derry/Londonderry. OUR Generation is supported by the EU’s PEACE IV programme, managed by SEUPB. Visit the project website at https://ourgeneration-cyp.com