We are delighted to share our new podcast – The Play Pod.
- Episode 5 – Koulla Yiasouma, NI Commissioner for Children and Young People (NICCY) joins PlayBoard CEO, Jacqueline O’Loughlin to discuss children’s right to play.
- Episode 4 – Alix Crawford, Chairperson and founder of the Mae Murray Foundation and Alan Herron, Director of Service Delivery and Development at PlayBoard launch Let me play – Inclusive play park study. The report provides an overview of findings from a study undertaken with families in Northern Ireland who have a family member/s with a physical, learning, sensory, medical, undiagnosed or complex need.
- Episode 3 – PlayBoard’s Shauneen McCusker talks with two local teachers who recently led their primary schools in achieving the Taking Outdoor Play Seriously (TOPS) Award. Jenna Lowry, Kilcooley PS and Suzanne Adamson, Ballymena PS, give a fantastic insight into transforming the play in their schools into something magical for the children, and the benefits they’ve seen in the classroom.
- Episode 2 – PlayBoard’s Peter McCartney talks with Barbara McIlwrath, Lecturer, Assessor & L5 CCLD & Playwork Coordinator at Belfast Met. Topics covered include the components of play, the role of the playworker, the importance of children being bored, and much more!
- Episode 1 – Welcome to PlayBoard NI’s new podcast.
If there are any topics you would like us to discuss in future episodes please email email@example.com