PlayBoard is delivering free online Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Awareness training Level 1 and Level 2 in September 2022.
- Level 1 – Friday 16 September, 10:00am – 1:00pm *FULLY BOOKED*
- Level 2 – Friday 23 September, 10:00am – 1:00pm *FULLY BOOKED*
Level 1 ACEs Awareness Training
The objectives of Level 1 are to enhance the participants’:
- Awareness of ACEs and their potential impact for children and adults across the lifespan.
- Ability to identify the potential impact of trauma and ACEs on the brain and possible subsequent behaviour.
- Awareness of the use of an ACE/trauma sensitive lens.
- Awareness of the importance of preventing and mitigating ACEs.
- Ability to identify appropriate pathways to support wellbeing for staff, volunteers and service users.
The webinar is aimed at individuals across the workforce of health, social care, justice, education and the community and voluntary sector in Northern Ireland and is suitable for anyone wishing to raise their awareness of the potential impact of ACEs on individuals and communities. Staff members or volunteers working within an organisation are welcome to attend, irrespective of their role or profession.
Level 2 ACEs Awareness Training
The objectives of Level 2 are to enable the participants to:
- State key objectives of ACE and trauma sensitive training.
- Enhance your skills and confidence to use a trauma sensitive lens in order to support and develop resilience for those you work with.
- Identify the impact of secondary and vicarious trauma.
- Identify ways the health and wellbeing of all staff, including volunteers can be supported.
The aim of Level 2 is to build on learning from the Level 1 ACE awareness training and explore and develop skills that promote a trauma sensitive approach to practice. Level 2 is suitable for anyone providing direct support or intervention to children, young people, families or adults who may have experienced the impact of childhood adversity.
If you have an enquiry please contact firstname.lastname@example.org