The global Covid-19 pandemic was a time of unprecedented crisis and made a significant impact on children and young people, on their well-being, their education, and their right to play. The International Play Association (IPA) produced this resource to offer support to parents and carers during this time of crisis. Play is essential for children and young people and is just as important during period of crisis.
The resource covers a range of areas including:
- the importance of playing during a crisis
- supporting your child’s play during a crisis
- thinking about your child’s play
- playing that involves difficult themes such as loss, illness and death
- managing play at home that feels noisy or destructive
- messy play at home
- things to play with around your home
- make the most of your time outside
- internet and screen-based activities and play … finding a balance
- playing when you cannot go outside your home.